Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Parade of Quilts 2009 - Summer in the City


Hey all! Here's another quilt I made this year. I started the blocks about a year ago. I'm good at blocks. Then they sat. Mama Belfry helped me get the top put together and figure out the setting triangles. This is from a very fun line by Moda's Urban Chix called Summer in the City. I started with two packs of charm squares and added off-white. The block is a traditional one called puss in the corners. Here's a detail shot:


I really like the cheery striped binding. I quilted it myself on Mama Belfry's Handi-quilter frame. She uses her Janome with it. The guest room has a twin size bed, but I was using queen-size covers folded in half. That's ok for November, but not in July. I thought the line was really cute and needed a quilt for the guest room. Dear MIL comes and visits during summers, so she spends her "summers in the city."

Bye!





No comments:

Post a Comment