Yay! I have my first finish for 2011. Here's the table runner in its completed state. I quilted it in the ditch and did an outline/echo pattern in the border. Nothing too exciting, but part of the reason this project got set aside was that I wasn't sure how to quilt it. Rather than over-think it, I just did something.
I originally estimated it would take me two total hours to complete. Ha! It took 2 1/2 to quilt and sew on the binding and another two to hand sew it down. So now I will take my estimates for future projects and double them.
Below is my secondary project for the month. My goal is to finish 6 blocks. I did blocks 5 and 6 this weekend, and need to complete #7-10. It takes about an hour to do a block or about 5 hours per row. I'm hoping to do a row a month for the next 4 months, then put the top together and quilt it. Of course, I realized this evening that it will finish at around 80" square which will take awhile to do.
This is why I never participate in the design wall Mondays. This project and all its pieces have been up since I started it and will probably hang out here til it's finished leaving me to rely on my design table and design floor for other projects.
Good luck on your UFOs.