Friday, December 11, 2009

Parade of Quilts 2009 - Posh


Here's another quilt from this year. This pattern is from Blue Underground and called Post Tot. (Ignore the green and white jewel box quilt) This is the throw size. The turquoise is from Oriental Odyssey by Ro Gregg. It has a lovely spray of metallic gold all over which the gold center squares pick up. The gold and red fabrics are from Kaffe Fasset. I quilted it in somewhat parallel lines that are kinda, sorta about 1" apart. Straight and even isn't my strongest skill. The next time I make this I will choose a different quilting pattern, but it turned out ok.

This quilt was a retirement gift for a co-worker. She had been at our organization for almost 25 years. Originally I started out making her a tablerunner...I'm not sure where the switch happened. After I gave it to her, she said she was hoping she'd get something quilty from me. That's always a nice feeling. She and I didn't always see eye to eye, and I will freely admit there were days I could have cheerfully strangled her, but it was very sad to come in after her last day and realize she wasn't coming back.

This is another brick in the wall of the Year of Suck. The circumstances that led to her leaving are still very much in place which makes going to work not much fun. Sadly, there doesn't appear to be anything I can do to change the situation except leave.

Anybody need a quilter/pattern tester/designer/general help? I'm available.



No comments:

Post a Comment