Friday, December 4, 2009

Ever feel like you've got batting in the belfry?






Hmmm....So this is a blog, eh? /kicks the walls Doesn't look like much. Oh well, a can of paint can work wonders. Maybe a little trim? Guess I've got my work cut out for me. /rolls up sleeves

If you've wandered by this little corner of the intertubes, welcome to Batting in the Belfry. This is my venue to share my quilts and their stories and anything else I feel like talking about. Just to warn you all, I play World of Warcraft too, so that might sneak in here occasionally. That's where the "/" business comes from, by the way. It's how most commands start, but also all the emotes. For instance, /bonk issues an emote that says, "[your name] bonks [other person] on the head, Doh!" Of course most WoW player/authors use it as I did in the first paragraph. SEE! There you go! You learned something new today! Grammar of the intertubes. heh.

Ok, let's see if I can stick a picture in here too. Might as well go for broke.... And there it is. Woot! Ok, you are looking at a picture of one of the coolest birds ever. It is a Red-Legged Seriema. It stands about 36" tall and is native to Brazil. I got to see one this summer. This is a picture off the web as I didn't get the camera out fast enough and sorry, /cringe, I didn't write down who took the picture. So it isn't mine, but it is a nifty shot. Way to go, whoever you are.

Alrighty, let's see if I can publish this puppy.

edit: Ok, I went back and found the original post. The glorious seriema picture can be found at
www.panoramio.com/photo/10136440 and was taken by tarciso.

No comments:

Post a Comment