Sunday, January 31, 2010

First finishes - 2010

I finished two quilts this weekend! Yay! I can cross them off the list. The first one was a mystery quilt project from the Stashbusters quilt list. Sandra Wucher designed it.

There's supposed to be a secondary pattern and my fabric choices didn't accomplish that, but that's the challenge of a mystery quilt. Mom did the quilting as a practice piece for another project. It is definitely a cheery quilt.

The next quilt I finished will go up for sale in my Etsy shop when I finished getting it configured.
This quilt is a rail fence type pattern with the blocks set on point. It is shades of turquoise, teal, brown, tan and green. I started with a set of 2.5" strips and just started sewing. This one I quilted myself and it turned out quite nicely.

There's a pillow that goes with it, too, because I wanted to use up every last bit of the fabric. I'll let you know when it's available and where to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment