Monday, October 18, 2010

A little more Bliss



While I was in Iowa last week, I quilted this quilt. This is "A little more Bliss" from a Charlotte Angotti workshop I took last spring. I've talked about her classes before. This is my third Angotti quilt. I chose a different option for the border than what she was offering. I really like this turquoise-y blue. Here's a detail shot.


I used a loopy pattern using Superior Threads' Karnak. It's a variegated thread with turquoise, tan and dark brown in it. It worked wonderfully. I finished making the binding last night, and I'll finish sewing it down, hopefully tomorrow.

I realized something looking at my UFO list this week. I can complete 12 large projects in a good year. I define that as anything 40x60 or larger. It doesn't include bags, scarves, craft projects, knitting, crochet, or clothing. I have about 2 and a half years worth of UFOs at the moment on the list, and I know it's not up to date. I'm very good at starting projects. I get excited about some new pattern or fabric line and start something, then get excited about the next new thing and lay that project aside. I guess the first step is recognizing you have a problem...

Hi, my name is Ann and I'm a fabric-aholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment