Saturday, October 16, 2010

Quilt show goodies




Hey All,

Mom and I went to the AQS show in Des Moines last week. It was really nice. Saw lots of great quilts. I, of course, didn't take any pictures. Sigh. Stupid me. But it was a wonderful day...almost 90 degrees which is unheard of in Iowa in October.

We also made two more stops. Creekside quilting and the Textile Shop. The first is one of the nicest quilt shops I have been in. If you are ever passing through the Des Moines ares, make this shop one of your "must-sees." It's 5 minutes or so north of the interstate. The second shop is a home decorator remnant shop another 2 minutes north of Creekside. Very nicely displayed fabrics and great prices.

Now I know you all want to see the haul. Ok, here's what I came home with.

The bundle is fat eighths of Maison de Garance, the new line by French General. I just love their stuff. I may have to decorate a whole bedroom just with their fabrics. The blues are half yards of Rural Jardin. The round dealy is a frosted donut from Superior Threads. I love their products. I picked this up to use for hand applique. I often take applique projects with me when I travel (not that I work on them) and this will be better than carrying half my thread collection in a ziploc bag. Plus, most of my thread is packaged up with one project or another which means I can never find the color I need when I'm working on somthing else.

Right now on the design wall is Blocks 1 and 2 of Oh, Fransson's Subway quilt. They're turning out quite nicely.
The background really is white, but it's pretty washed out here. I'm still learning the new camera.

That's all for now.
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment