Sunday, April 25, 2010

Chicago quilt festival Day 3






Hi Everyone!

My third class at the Chicago quilt festival was by Charlotte Angotti. This year's mystery quilt was called Bliss and it's in dreamy shades of sea and sand. It finishes around 70" square. I didn't purchase her border print. It just didn't do anything for me, so I'll need to find something else. Sewing went quite well til the end of the afternoon. There are two blocks and I switched pieces between them. Ugh. Got them ripped apart, but not sewn back together.


If you ever have a chance to take a mystery class from Charlotte, I really recommend it. Yes, they're expensive because you buy the kit. The class fee for this was $165, but if I were to buy the fabrics for the class I would spend that anyway. She uses blocks and colors in ways that really stretch my skills. I can't wait to get this one done.

Ta!
a

No comments:

Post a Comment