Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chicago quilt festival Day 2

Day two dawned bright and early. I was way tired from covering the entire show on Thursday night, and, of course, having to carry all my purchases. :) The class on Friday was Floral Snowball taught by Kaffe Fassett and Liza Prior Lucy. I have a ton of pictures, so be warned. Here's the project we were working on:


First off, we cut squares. Almost everybody had different color schemes. It was fascinating to see what everyone brought. We did that til noon, then we chose the color that would make the snowball block. Just look what everyone came up with.









This lovely specimen below is mine. I probably won't make it bed-sized, but it is fun fabric. I'm planning to use the fabric on the top right as the border. To make it queen size you need 600 some small squares. That's more cutting than i want to do.



A good portion of my fabrics came from Glorious Color which is run by Liza. I ordered on a Wednesday and received my fabric on Saturday. Fabulous service. There's also a neat feature on their website, "created by a math geek out of Berkeley" according to Liza. It's color ribbons. Click on a ribbon and it shows you what fabrics are in that range. Really fantastic for matching fabrics. Go check it out.
I'll update as I work on the quilt, but it's not the top of the list right now. Fun fabrics though. Anyway it was a great class. More later

a

No comments:

Post a Comment