Thursday, June 2, 2011

Whoosh!


That's the sound that May made as it flew by me. I must have blinked or something or they cut days out of the month. I did, however, get a UFO finished. It was a flimsy and I got it quilted and bound just under the wire.

Here's the before:

Here it is quilted:


Here is the finished and bound quilt:



Here's a closeup of the border and binding. I chose a fun plaid for the binding:



Here is the back. It's a really vibrant batik print in orange and aqua:


I also got two quilts for Japan quilted and the bindings sewn to the top. Those just need the hand sewing now. I also finished the last 5 of the 25 subway blocks. I'll do a separate post on that one. Not a bad month, I suppose.

Ta.
A

3 comments:

  1. Wow--love your colors and fabrics! Perfect backing, and that plaid binding is great fun! I've been trying to decide on a binding for my current project, and now I'm going to have to give plaids a look. Congrats on a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! Sounds like you were busy finishing too. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann since I am pretty partial to oranges, peach..this is just lovely...more than that..very sweet..

    ReplyDelete