Thursday, June 2, 2011

Just a stone's throw...

What I did on my summer vacation...or rather Memorial day weekend. I helped my sister turn that pile of limestone into part of a flower bed. I say part because we all had to quit when our backs were done in.

Exhibit A: The limestone. Did I mention she got it for free? Neat huh?


Exhibit B: existing flower box/planter with rotting timbers. They were practically mulch when we removed them. Mulch with nails and rusty spikes.


And another side:


And the front side:


Exhibit C: After the timbers were out, we (mostly sis) dug a trench for the new stones.

Trench side 2:


Exhibit D: The first layer! Woo Hoo!


We got all the way around. Did I mention that each stone weighed 40-70 pounds and took two of us to move? Not a single one wobbles.

It only took us 4 hours.


And that was the end of that.

Eventually it will be 4-5 layers tall. That's as far as we got before I flew home. My back wasn't sorry to leave. ;)

3 comments:

  1. And you didn't even mention that your sister bribed you with a trip to the fabric store? Isn't she the coolest sister ever? :) Thanks for all of the help, I'll send you updated photos once my back recovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....I woulda helped even without the bribe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thaz funny...you laying on the ground! I wouddda been laying out a LOT sooner...You did some great stuff with dirt... =)

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com
    =) new follower =)

    ReplyDelete